This article will shows you how to create your first WCF service.
- Open Visual Studio
- Click File -> New -> Project
- Select Visual C# -> WCF -> WCF Service Application and give service name and click on "OK".
- Delete the default operation contracts in Interface IService1.cs
- Delete the defult method implementations (of interface) in Service Service1.svc.cs
- Add new operation contract in Interface IService1.cs and give name as "GetDateTime"
public interface IService1
- Implement the "GetDateTime" method in Service Service1.svc.cs
public class Service1 : IService1
public string GetDateTime()
return string.Format("Cureent Date & Time is ", DateTime.Now.ToString());
In the next article we will see how to consume this WCF service in asp.net application. Consuming WCF service in asp.net application